Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Story Behind the Party


Oh, I have a wee bit o' Irish in me. Just a wee bit of Irish blood mixed in with half a dozen others.

Many love to party on St. Patrick's Day, guzzling green beer, thinking they are "celebrating" when in deed they are denigrating a great man of Christian faith by their foolish "party-hearty" attitude.

I hope you are a bit more serious minded, and if such, I hope you will take a look at the real story of the real St. Patrick as mentioned at this website and I hope this will inspire you to google a bit further into the biography of the man who brought Christianity to Ireland some 1600 years ago.

(The photo is of the Saint Patrick stained-glass window from Cathedral of Christ the Light in Oakland, California. Borrowed from the web...I do not know who to credit as I've seen it at multiple sites.)

.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are absolutely right. In Ireland it is a high holy day, nearly to celebrate this Saint.

How are you, haven't heard from you for awhile. Do hope all is well with you.

Happy St. PAddy's Day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

S. Etole said...

His prayer is outstanding ...

Tina said...

Thanks for the link--very interesting!

Beth L. Gainer said...

Really nice posting -- and very informative!

gvandyk said...

I wonder how soon it will be before the CLU or some other anti Christian org. sues the White House for the green fountain out front? Christ is in the traditions of this country more than people realise.

Debby said...

I loved this story of St. Patrick. Thanks for sharing. The world does need more St. Patricks.

Glad you're back. I was worried for you too.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I showed up at Bible study Thursday morning and noticed a lot of green! I commented that apparently I had missed the memo. Duh.

I'd love to read more about St. Patrick, but honestly, I missed the celebration this year.

peace~elaine