Aww, it only LOOKS like spaghetti.
I discovered it's a simple task to snip around the connecting unit, then begin pulling wires. When I could pull no more, I cut the wire and found another to pull. It took several efforts to get at all the wires. The finishing touch was to stitch down the cut area and toss it into the washing machine.
(Don't use your best sewing scissors to snip wires...find the clutzy pair that resides in your handy-dandy tool box.)
Next month this "new" upcycled cream-colored blanket, freshly laundered, will go on our church's "free" garage sale. Hopefully, some child will be a bit warmer this winter.
The "spaghetti" went in the trash. I suppose I could recycle the copper but I don't know where. And the wire is so tiny, I don't think it's worth a lot to anyone.
Nonetheless...if someone sets up mining operations someday in our landfills in order to harvest the metals we have tossed away, perhaps these wires will contribute to future recycling. *smile*