Thursday, January 24, 2008

Claims to Fame

The older one gets the more life allows them to have certain claims to fame. I was thinking today....

I once worked for THE Howard Hughes. (Never actually saw the man.)

I once toured the locker room of the Denver Broncos. (None of the Broncos were present.)

I once almost got taken up by a tornado. (That was at an outdoor theater showing 'The Valley of the Dolls' and that should date me pretty well.)

I've twice had a quilt exhibited at one of the biggest annual quilt shows in America. (I didn't win any prizes.)

And I once took a beating that at the time I thought would kill me. Throughout the beating I kept screaming "He's killing me! He's killing me!" Thank God, he didn't. That was 30 years ago and he is dead and I am not.

That last one came to mind today as I visited a friend in the intensive care unit. Early last evening she was the victim of a serious stabbing (several knife wounds). She survived. Oh, my friend, my friend! My mind reels at the depth of your wounds --- those wounds that the knife will have inflicted on your mind, not your body. I pray that God returns you to full health and that he gives you great courage to overcome those wounds, both the physical and the mental/spiritual. God bless you. God bless you.
.

No comments: