Friday, April 3, 2009

We've Missed The Last Three Storms But....

Rats! We've missed out on the previous three winter storms which went either to the north of us or to the south. And I was quite content to suffer through sunny days while those north or south of us were experiencing the joys of blizzardy snow. This time, however, it looks as if the storm coming in this weekend is going to hit us or at least a major portion of the road that Daughter and Grandson would be traveling to spend the weekend with us. So we've postponed the get-together for three weeks.

This potentially bad storm has put the kabosh on family plans and I am bummed! My Mom and Grandson both have birthdays this month. I love making layer cakes for birthdays and had planned to make one half chocolate and the other half white or yellow, half for Mom and half for Grandson. Of course, a belated cake will taste just as good, so we'll still do the cake even if it is a bit late. I'm not fancy at the decorating but when it is baked, I'll post a photo! Keep tuned!

1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

I specialize in ugly cakes that taste fantastic. Beauty is only skin deep, but good taste....

Sorry about your postponed plans. May the Lord protect you all through the storm.

And thanks for you prayers and well wishes during our brief bout of illness.