Sunday, October 3, 2010

They Wanted Her Dead. But She Lives.

Nearly twenty years ago Hubby and I sat at table in a large conference room in the City. We listened attentively as Gianna Jessen related to us her journey...a journey that began with herself being the product of a saline abortion. In spite of the attempt to abort her, Gianna was born live.

It is possible that some of my readers may have aborted a child themselves. I risk stepping on toes, but I do not want you to see this post as a condemnation. God knows, we have all sinned in one way or another, and most of us have sins of our own that we do not reveal, sins that we hate.

So on this Sunday, this day when many are standing on streets, speaking out for Life...take just a few moments to listen to Gianna as she speaks of abortion from her perspective as "one of the aborted".

Thank you. God bless you.
(Thanks to Karin for the pointing me to this video.)

2 comments:

Tina said...

It is so great that you posted this! I've seen this same video making the rounds on Facebook. I think I've seen her speak, or seen a video of her, years ago also, just can't remember where.
It is so important for those who've had an abortion to know that we are all sinners and there is forgiveness from Jesus. God loves us all and wants us ALL to be with Him in Heaven!
Thanks for sharing this!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I've heard her story before; what a witness! We all have a rich story of grace to share with others. I pray to write and live mine with the same level of passion and intensity that Gianna has.

peace~elaine
PS: Sent you an e-mail regarding the numbing cream. I got you some if you want it...