Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bosc Pears! Great Dessert!



Friends gave me the opportunity to purchase a box of bosc pears. Yep, you read it right, an entire crate. The pears were brought direct from the State of Washington and are in beautiful condition.

I've cooked, canned and frozen apples and peaches but have never had the opportunity to do up a bunch of pears! Nor have I ever cooked with pears! Google to the rescue! I found a recipe for baked pears and modified it a bit. We don't like to use a lot of sugar so I just sprinkled the quartered pears with a dab of brown sugar and cinnamon. Baked at 350 for half an hour in an uncovered dish. Then added a tablespoon or two of water, covered the dish, and baked another half hour. The water and sugar formed a small amount of syrup in the bottom of the dish. Yumm!

No comments: