Friday, March 14, 2008

Is It That Time Again?

Tax Time. Even with using a computerized tax program this is a time-consuming process. I don't use Quicken but I do keep a well-organized filing system. Still, it's a long process to fill in all the blanks, cross every "T" and dot every "I". We have some rather odd things that are included on our returns and sometimes I have to sit and ponder, wondering whether the computerized "experts" really do know what they are doing.

And what is it with this tax credit thing? Surely it would be better to keep the money in the treasury?? Won't these payments to everybody under the sun simply add to the deficit? Am I missing something here? Politicians buying votes? If they really want to put a few bucks back into the pockets of the people they could go out and dig a few oil wells here in America. Now THAT would be a sensible investment of these bucks.

It's wayyy past my bedtime. Well past midnight.

I'm gone. G'nite.

No comments: