Saturday, April 12, 2008

Playing with my first ACEO



"ACEO! What is that?", you say. ACEO is an acronym that stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. They began originally as Artists' Trading Cards and were traded by artists amongst themselves. Now they are created as an item to be sold. The main rule is the size - 2.5x3.5 inches. Last week while visiting my DD who has an artistic bent, we spent several hours creating our own ACEOs. Here are a couple of mine.

The first had no theme until after it was finished. Then it's design called out its name, "Spilled Martini". Here I am, of vintage age, silver hair, and I can truthfully tell you I've never had a martini. All I know is that they have green olives.

The second one has an "outer space" theme and is simply called "Space 1" for I made several with that theme.

You will be surprised at the medium. We used pastels, permanent markers, and old bottles of fingernail polish in various colors with and without glitter. Pretty smelly, but Pretty.
.

No comments: