Monday, February 23, 2009

Go Read this 'Modest Proposal'

I read a variety of blogs. Some blogs are single-subject, such as those by quilters or frugal homemakers. I enjoy them. Other blogs are a bit like mine...jumping from topic to topic, mentioning daily events and sharing thoughts and insights. I also like to read the thoughts of other Christians who may or may not have different perspectives on their faith.

But yesterday's post by Jennifer in Florida struck me hard! Her post is satire, but knowing it was satire did not make it an easy read. Nevertheless it is well-written and intensely thought-provoking. I hope you will take the time to read it here. She discusses the Caylee Anthony case from a totally different perspective and asks the reader to think deep and seriously about the death of a little girl. Sounds depressing...don't be put off...go read it. (Jennifer lives in the same town as the Anthony family.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the link back and I appreciate your supportive comments, as it was a hard post to write. I had been tossing the idea around in my head for a while, and finally decided to put it into words. I wasn't sure how it was going to be received so I thank you for your encouragement!