Saturday, February 21, 2009

How to Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days Without Even Trying

Oooh!, you say! You want to lose weight? And do it in a short 30 days?

Well, I bet you don't want to lose it as I did.

How about this method?
Gall bladder surgery on an outpatient basis.
Followed by major surgery and an 8-day stay in the hospital, most of which is spent foodless.
Followed by a surprise trip back to the hospital for another 5-day stay, again on IVs and foodless.
Followed by a short, minor surgery on an outpatient basis.

Yep. Weight loss. Stepped on the scales today and I've lost 10 pounds in the past 30 days.

Did I say it was Easy? Ooooooh, Nooooo, this was not easy. And no matter how I respect their skill, I hope to never have to speak to a surgeon again.

Not that I'm averse to surgeons. They were needful in my situation. The past 30 days have been two steps forward, one step backward, preparing for events ahead that will hopefully keep me "on the mend".

I am extremely grateful that we live in a time when the medical establishment can do things for us that were totally unavailable to our grandparents. And I'm grateful for wisdom that God gives to those who work to bring us back to health.

2 comments:

Laurie M. said...

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, but what a diet plan you've got! Hardship is the "easy" way to lose weight. When my former husband ran off with another woman I lost 30 pounds in three months. I just couldn't keep food down. And it was a couple of years before I was able to gain it back.

Angoraknitter said...

I'm so sorry you've had such a bought of rough times...and for all the hospital time, it must have been nerve wracking. Those places drive me nuts.

I hope you'll only get better from here on out. My surgeon wanted to take my gallbladder out too when he took out most of my spleen...but I won't let him. I do hope I made the right choice. Either way, it was mine decision so I own the results.

Get better soon!