Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

We're playing catch-up at our house. Which is not to be confused with ketchup. Or catsup, as some people call that rich tomato sauce in the bottle.

We've been away from home for nearly three weeks. Oh, we did come home for one night, pulled the warm-weather clothing from our bags, and repacked with winter clothing for a short trip to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.

We did not learn anything new there. However, having gone to Mayo for a second opinion relieves us of any doubts about past treatment and reassures us also that future treatment will be the best. We're ready to take the next step.

I feel really good. I do. Physically I feel really good. (Did I just repeat myself?) Mentally and spiritually I'm good, too. I see all of this as a journey and I'm walking one step at a time.

This week we're ready to "catch-up" with things here at home...the house needs a full day of cleaning...laundry needs to be done...letters need to be written.

But first things first. Scripture. Coffee. Breakfast. I'm taking care of today and will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Today's Scripture? Matthew 6:34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I'm so sorry that you are going to have to start treatment again. Praying for you and your husband as you begin again. Many prayers and much love.

Debby said...

Yes. First things first, my friend. Have your morning coffee in mugs emblazened with a heart, to remind you of the love that surrounds you...in your home, in your world, in God's heart. You are wise and you are a blessing.

Kelly said...

One of my favorite verses! It's often hard for me to live it, but I try.

Praying for you as you make your way through your tomorrows.

Elle Bee said...

My mom says catsup. I say ketchup. It's been a running argument for years. :o)

I didn't know the status of your treatments--I'm glad you're feeling good and trusting in God to lead the doctors to what's best for you. If future treatments are best, then I'm glad your facing it with scripture. coffee. and breakfast. :o) You're my kinda lady.

S. Etole said...

home is where I like to be best ... you are in my prayers