Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's a Waiting Game

Tonight I'm in Portland. As in Oregon. Actually in a small burb if this town can be called small.

Hubby remained home while daughter and I flew westward, hoping we will be here while the next grandson/great grandson will be born.

It's difficult, you know, trying to purchase reasonably priced plane tickets which require a 2 or 3 week pre-purchase in order to get a decent price, all the while hoping that your window of visit covers the time of actual birth.

Tomorrow we're taking Momma for a long walk. We want to get this show on the road. We don't want to come to the end of our stay and return home, with baby still in Mom's womb.

Tonight we have a fire in the fireplace which feels really, really good. It's cold here today.

Here's a "hello" to hubby and the rest of the family, awaiting news of this new baby. We'll call as soon as something happens.

.

5 comments:

Elle Bee said...

Exciting! I've heard spicy food helps too, not that I could ever try it out...my heartburn was so bad when pregnant. :o)
Elle

Laurie M. said...

Maybe you could get her to jumprope?

Debby said...

This IS exciting. God bless all of you. Even the poor man left at home on his own...

Kelly said...

I was going to suggest Mexican food, so I'll second Elle Bee's comment.

Keep us posted!

Dandy said...

Ha, jumprope made me laugh!

I love the idea of you going on a long walk and telling that baby to come out of its comfy home!