Tuesday, May 20, 2008

There is Sin in the Garden !!!

Our backyard is small but I've crammed it with as many perennials as I can. Plus, there are two small raised beds for veggies. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, kale, spinach, asparagus and more. This day, in the cool of the morning, I put in two hours of "tending the garden", giving a large area that first light weeding of the summer.

Then I discovered it! Sin! In the Garden! Almost hidden from view! (for a closer view, click on the photo)

This little discovery in my backyard reminded me of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Sin entered their paradise and they were expelled to forever live by the sweat of their brow (for more, read Genesis, chapter 3).

Somehow this lone dandelion seed had found a foothold and was able to grow, waiting for the day when it would send out its hundreds of seeds ready to reproduce and infest the entire garden. Rampant Sin!

It was a reminder to me of how sin hides and lies in wait, biding its time until it can become master of our lives. I could go on an on, but I won't. My thought is simply this ... there is Sin in the Garden! But someday there will be a new garden and there will be no more sin. (Rev. 21:1 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, because the first heaven and the first earth passed away...")
.

No comments: