Monday, May 19, 2008

Today's Word of Wisdom for The Lady of the House (or Whoever Does the Dishes)!


Wow! I was on a rant last night, wasn't I? Even though my mood has mellowed this morning I still stand behind every word of the Shark rant!

And my word of wisdom for today? Use a Clean Dishcloth on a Daily Basis to Stay Healthy!

I love my dishwasher. When we remodeled our home I cut corners elsewhere in order to install a high-end dishwasher that is so silent I can hardly hear it running. Our previous dishwasher sounded like a jet plane taking off from O'Hare. Silence is Golden, even in dishwashers. (big grin here)

However, I use a dish cloth to wipe counters, to swish out a slightly soiled dish, to wipe down the cutting board. The important thing to remember is that BACTERIA love a dirty dishrag. The best way to avoid bacteria (think food poisoning here!) is to change cloths (not clothes, although you can do that, too, if you wish) daily.

I buy those cheap packages of a dozen wash cloths. You know, the thin cheap ones. I like my dish cloths thin. They're easy to fold once and slip into the dish towel drawer. Each morning simply grab a new cloth and you are ready for a spic-and-span day.
.

No comments: