Friday, May 29, 2009

A Bit of Chemo Humor

My chemotherapy for ovarian cancer was delayed this week because of my low platelet count. That's okay, it just so happens that I also had a bout of hay fever. That is under control, so chemo should occur next Wednesday. I was soooo looking forward to completing chemo on schedule in early June. Now it appears session six will occur in late June. That means a two-week delay on new hair growth. (Ah, Vanity!)

But I don't mind that. It's just that this week my eyelashes have just about disappeared and my eyebrows are pretty sparse as well. You have no idea how weird one looks without eyebrows unless you are familiar with alopecia. (At least sunglasses add a bit of disguise!)

If you don't mind my chemo humor, I can safely say I am obedient to Paul's command as expressed in I Timothy 2:9. "Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments.."

(Said the bald lady giggling in front of her 'puter).
.

4 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

Awww. I'm glad that you can find the humor in this situation.
That's fantastic. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
God Bless you Judy! I am praying for you.

Debra said...

I am praying for you too.
I do know what it's like to be bald. I had a brain tumor almost 14 years ago. It was not cancerous, but I had to have surgery. They really went into my brain! I still can't really believe it myself! But anyway, my head was shaved, and I looked like Frankenstein-great big ole scar and everything. From surgery I had a blood clot that should have killed me....But I'm here to tell the story.

His mercies are new every morning...
Love, Debra

Debby said...

I have to tell you, I thought that losing my hair was going to be the worst thing. It wasn't. The eyebrows and the eyelashes were awful. I felt like Uncle Fester on the Addams Family.

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

This made me laugh out loud...you are funny.

A sweet friend at church battled cancer a few years ago...and when her hair grew back it was better than before! That is my prayer for you...God will bless you for your faith and your grace...take good care.