Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Little More Chemo Humor

My friend mailed this to me and it's just tooooo funny!

One day a woman (that's any chemo lady) looked into the mirror and there were only three hairs atop her head. She said to herself, "Hmmmm, I think I'll wear my hair in a braid." And so she did. And she had a super fine day.

The next day she looked in the mirror and there were only two hairs atop her head. So she said to herself, "Hmmm, I think I'll part my hair down the middle." And so she did. And she had a fantastic and marvelous day.

The third day she looked in the mirror and there was one hair atop her head. So she said to herself, "I think I'll wear my hair in a ponytail today!" And so she did. And she had a very good day indeed.

The fourth day she looked in the mirror and was startled to see there was no hair at all atop her head. So she jumped up and down and joyously shouted, "Hooray! I don't have to fix my hear today!" And she had the best day ever!

(Makes me laugh everytime I tell this one! And even if my hair is practically non-existent right now, I want you to laugh right along with me!)

Proverbs 17:22 is today's verse. Place your cursor over the reference to read the verse.


6 comments:

Laurie M. said...

Thank, Judy! I needed a dose of your joy today.

Tracey said...

Hahaha love it... Us chemo girls need to stick together.. when my hair started growing back and doing strange things!!
I bought that many hair products to try to keep it in place too.. now though, 2 years down the line i'm thankful to have hair i can manage.
My thoughts are with you and you'll soon have lots of mad barmy hair that will make you chuckle xx

Cornfield Quilter said...

What a hoot! I will definately have to remember that story! I know a few people that would really appreciate it. LOL
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. The sad part of having so many UFO's is that I forget what I have. Now that I have them all out quilting machine table they are a constant reminder to get them done! The sure bring back alot of memories.

Renna said...

Now, that is what I call a positive attitude! ;-)

Debby said...

You know, I'll bet you brighten up your little corner of the chemo ward every time that you have to go. I wish that you'd have been in the chair next to mine. We'd have been hysterical.

cinnamongirl93 said...

I love the scripture of the day! It's one of my favorites. Cute joke!