Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Very Happy to Have Hay Fever

Most people who have seasonal allergies would question my sanity in stating that I am happy to have hay fever. However, in my case, during this week of my life, I'm very happy that the runny nose is due to hay fever and not to a cold. With my immune system compromised due to chemo, it simply would not be a good idea to come down with a cold. But hay fever? I can handle that with a bit of nasal spray and an antibiotic to preclude possible infection of the bronchials. This chemo stuff sure brings a whole new perspective to one's life.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Yay for spring allergies! So much else is going around here - I overheard a couple of coworkers talking about the flu-like thing everyone shared the week I was off.

I will continue to pray for a strong resistance for you, until your body is given the go-ahead to begin rebuilding its immunities.

cinnamongirl93 said...

lyI hope you are doing well! Hooray for you!