- Four years ago we bought a Bosch dishwasher. Love it. Quiet. Cleans great. Best dishwasher I've ever had.
- A month ago we received a recall notice with a warning not to use the dishwasher until it is repaired due to "risk of fire".
- Today the replacement part arrived in the mail.
- Got hold of the repair service first try with a real live person at the other end of the phone. Repair is scheduled for Monday.
- All seems well so far other than I'm hand-washing for the next week. That's no big deal. There are only two of us in the household. How many dirty dishes can we generate anyway?
THEN...I used google to find an online forum of others dealing with the recall. I kid you not, the horror stories were terrible! Impossible to get Bosch online to order the part! The part didn't arrive for weeks! The repairman botched the repair!One machine even caught fire AFTER the repair! Two pages of complaints! I was getting a little anxious about it all until I recognized that for every complaint, there are probably a dozen happy customers. It's just that the unhappy ones are the ones who take the time to post a rant. The happy ones don't bother...they just go about living their lives and enjoying their still-working now-repaired dishwasher.
I think I'll take the complaints with a grain of salt. And hope by Monday night my dishwasher is happily chugging along, doing its job as usual. (She said with a roll of her eyes.)