Monday, March 9, 2009

Watching the News and Wondering

There are plenty of things I wonder about when watching the nightly news. Such as....
  • When a lady doesn't get her order at McD's, why is her stupid 911 call a matter of national news!? Is there absolutely no other news out there that will fill this little slot of time?
  • Who cares that some blonde ditz of famous face and name stubbed her toe (I made this one up but it illustrates my point).
  • And speaking of famous faces of the female kind I longingly wonder when we will get over this fashion infatuation with that artificial look procured by lip plumpers. Read my post about that here.
  • When will parents of young children realize that certain dog breeds are potentially dangerous around infants and toddlers? How many more children have to die because Mom placed Baby in a room alone with said dog?
  • And why, someone please tell me why, the anchorMAN is clothed in suit, tie and cuffs while the anchorWOMAN evidently has a clause in her contract REQUIRING her to wear a short, short dress with a slit in the side seam up to her hip? And there must be a subclause that requires her to sit with her legs crossed and her feet tucked under so that she appears, oh, yes, indeedy, she appears to be ladylike. Is this skin show a deliberate part of the show? Is it because the network is afraid we won't hang around if we don't see a little skin?
It's early in the morning. Let's hope I find something more worthwhile to ponder as the day goes on. (she said with a giggle)

4 comments:

Laurie M. said...

An interesting collection of thoughts for the day!

I totally agree with you on the way this world pressures women to show some evidence of their sexuality at all times. The puffed lips are part of that trend (look like you're all about kissing all the time), as are the short skirts. I gradually became aware of all this at certain points soon after my conversion. I began to notice what I was thinking, under my thoughts, while I was getting dressed - while I was starting to unbutton the extra button, etc. What I was doing was only slightly more sophisticated than the girls in Catholic school rolling up the waist of their skirts to attract the notice of boys. That changed everything.

And, well, here's the obligatory comment from an owner of one of "those" breeds. When I was a little girl the Little Rascals had a pit bull, and my mother hated collies, because a neighboring child had been mauled to death by one. My daughter was bitten in the face as an infant by a vicious Llasa Apso - owned by her grandmother - who kept the dog though it had attacked others before. I have personally been attacked by a doberman, a St. Bernard, and two others of breeds I don't recall - none were my own(though I've always avoided injury). My point is NO infant or toddler should be left alone with ANY breed of dog, (or cat for that matter, one of my children had a trip to the ER for a cat claw to the white of the eye! Again, not our cat).

Unknown said...

Thank you Judy! For saying all the things the rest of us are thinking.
I've wonder if most new Anchor women are recruited from model agencies or maybe playboy.
I think natural full lips are beautiful but the lip plumpers make their lips look like duck beaks.

Forrest said...

You know...

2 Timothy 3:1-5 reminds us: "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

And we cannot forget the admonition in 2 Timothy 3:13, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Sheri said...

Judy , I'm Nicholas, LOL My grandson has an account too and if I don't pay attention the site thinks I'm him.