Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Well, Fiddlesticks! Delayed Again!

Tomorrow was to have been session 5 (out of 6) of my chemotherapy. However, my white blood counts are too low, in spite of last week's jump with the neupogen shots.

Who would ever believe a person would be disappointed about missing a chemo session? But I am. (ungrateful wretch!) This means I will not complete chemo as soon as I thought. We've had three one-week delays now and I'm guessing the 6th session will be delayed as well.

Another disappointment this week is that my eyelashes have disappeared. I was feeling a bit low about that until I sez to myself, "At least it's not teeth!" At least hair and lashes will grow back! At any rate, I can't change any of it, neither the delay nor the hair loss, so may as well sit back and enjoy one more week of feeling good. (still an ungrateful wretch!!!) So instead of fretting, I will let God deal with the "when" of it all.

Today's Scripture is James 4:13-15 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city (and have chemo), and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit."Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that."

1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

I'm a firm believer in praying for patience, 'cause when you need it, you really need it. I pray the Lord will bless you with continued patience, joy and good humor, as well as your next session of chemo.