Monday, March 29, 2010

I've Been Struggling With the Dreaded "T" Word

I have only one word for you today! This week I've been struggling with the dreaded "T" word. Yep, Taxes.

Turbotax led me down a rabbit trail first time around. Or perhaps it is that I led Turbotax down a rabbit trail and I couldn't seem to backtrack to where I had erred. So I began again...from the very beginning...being very careful to read every question, every explanation. Aaargh! I think this time I did everything correctly.

Taxes shouldn't be so complicated.

Remember, Citizens! Every time a new law is enacted, whether it be taxes or other, it means a new level of bureaucracy! New rules. New penalties. New cost to the taxpayer.

And once a new law is enacted it is terribly difficult to "undo" what has been "done". As in the case of taxes.

It won't get easier.
.

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I don't know much about taxes. Stopping over to say Hello from A Baby Changes Everything. Have a wonderful week and I will keep you in my prayers.

Melissa said...

Gaaahhh! I hate all the paperwork that comes with governments. Now that we are US citizens living in Canada, we have to file taxes in both countries, and thats not counting all the immigration paperwork. I totally understand what you mean. :(

S. Etole said...

I will be doing that this week, too!

Linda Lee said...

I completed my youngest son and daughter in law's taxes on turbo tax. I had all the info as I helped them the past four years. This year both federal and state came back telling us that my daughter in law's social security number doesn't match her birthday. The past three years there has been no problem. Ended up sending them in!

Relyn Lawson said...

I always find myself wanting to go fishing. I'm wishing for the fish with the gold coin.

Anonymous said...

Got our return just in time for vacation. Life is good.